Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

susmiri

Tesla Charger and Form 8911

A Turbo Tax employee says the 8911 will be available on 2/22. Maybe that is for year 2019. I need to amend 2018 since this is retroactive to that year, but Turbo Tax is NOT yet updated for this. IRS uses the same version of the Form and Instructions for both years. When will this be available in Turbo Tax 2018?

Sadly the Mac OS version is still not updated .. TT  sent me the Windows version and the file went thru. Smh.

were hon I’m at work like

It's available on the Mac version, but it doesn't look to be working.  I tested by increasing my tax liability to see if the $0 credit would change. It didn't. Something wrong with the calculations of this credit.

TT team - please review!

TurboTax are you listening? Get form 8911 into your software. It's been available from the IRS for a week.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@dstarnik Please try doing an update, see the TurboTax FAQ below, for assistance with updates:

Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This would be of great help if it replied to the question actually posed. The problem is in the Mac version. The "answer" points to a fix for the Windows version. H&R Block, here I come.

I’m on a Mac and I’m constantly hitting update, but there are none available. 

TurboTax!!!!

Still waiting!

Fix this!

@CassLO Intuit does have a bug that it needs to address pronto: The TurboTax site says that 2019 Form 8911 is printable and e-fileable for the Mac platform, but the individual filer Mac TurboTax Premier is, as of today, Thursday 3/4/2020 at 2:00 PM, still saying "available soon". That's AFTER having tried to update the software. Is there a flag you folks forgot to flip in order to tell the customers' TurboTax programs to update?

I actually talked to someone at TurboTax on the phone. They told me this will be resolved in mid-March.

Thanks. I'll keep my fingers crossed. My return is ready to file, and it's super annoying to have to defer my refund just because TurboTax has a bug.

The upshot is that the Mac product's Federal Review flagging that Form 8911 is "available soon" is erroneous. If you proceed, you can e-file (or mail file) successfully. That's what I ended up doing after contacting phone support. The "Employee Tax Experts" ought to have a shared database that reflects the workaround to this Mac product bug. (And Intuit really ought to expedite an update to fix this problem, in order to reduce customer annoyance and product support expense!)

It's now 26 Feb 2022 and the form is still not available within TurboTax!

The current projection is 17 March!

I have a fairly simple standard deduction tax need. I paid for TurboTax for ease of use and filing, this isn't it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies