Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Suggestion re Medical Expenses

It would be helpful when one gets to Medical Expenses in the interview if TT would state and ask along the following lines - "To be deductible medical expenses must exceed 7.5% of your AGI or xxx (where xxx is the amount calculated based on the return in question) Do you wish to itemize your medical expenses? Y/N"

I suggest this to avoid the dreaded "Needs Review" which invariably shows on my return. Because I entered data one year before I appreciated that my expenses would not qualify for a deduction, TT continually assumes I should be entering them again when it is not at all necessary, in fact a waste of time.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

Once you clicked through all 11 medical expense categories, you should get a message that says either ''You are getting a medical deduction tax break'' OR ''The standard deduction is right for you''.    Once you click on DONE at the bottom of that screen, the ''Needs Review'' message should go away and the summary should show the total of what you entered in that section.  

Sure, but why make someone click through those eleven categories if they don't need to?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies