Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Problem Solved "Difficulty of Care" Notice 2014-7 Trying to follow instructions on how do this from previously answered question

Solved: There is a section for Other Misc and Other Common Income and another area down the Income List, at the very bottom for Less Common Income. I was in the wrong area, not knowing that.

I am trying to keep from paying taxes on this income. I am eligible to do this according to Notice 2014-7.  I have tried to visit Misc  Income and cannot find "other reportable income" as I follow instructions given for this situation. Using Misc- 1099,  I tried to use and wonder if it is the wrong one. In the answered question on this topic there is supposed to be a Box One for "Income" There is no Box One for income on the form Misc-1099, Box One is for "Rents", Box 2 is "Royalties", Box 3 is "Other Income" I entered the income from Box 1 on my W-2 as a negative number but it does not flow to my Form 1040 deducting it from my income.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Problem Solved "Difficulty of Care" Notice 2014-7 Trying to follow instructions on how do this from previously answered question

Enter it exactly as you described. First Less Common Income, then Miscellaneous, then Other Reportable Income. Firt enter the W-2 and then back it out again.

Any Other Taxable Income? Yes

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Enter it exactly as you described. First Less Common Income, then Miscellaneous, then Other Reportable Income. Firt enter the W-2 and then back it out again.

Any Other Taxable Income? Yes

Thanks for your help! Will the tax exempt exclusion automatically flow to the Oregon return since they follow federal rules that this income in tax exempt? Or, do I need to put a zero in the column that lists Oregon wages. Columns for federal and state income both list the tax exempt w-2 wages as income at the top of the allocation page for Oregon tax return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies