Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My 2018 tax transcript says “examination of tax return”

Well I didn’t have a baby recently - my youngest is 8 :( all I know is they told me a supposed notice was sent out so I’m pretty sure I was audited as they told me it has to do with eic ctc etc and told me to just go ahead and fax all my proof which I’m gonna do tomorrow just in case bc this is bullcrap . They saying it’s taking around 150 days to complete any review so wtf 

Let us know although I got a notice sent 02-21/22 but when I called the irs one agent told me I was mailed a noticed on 02/04/21 but that’s the date the 420!code was for which is confusing and it’s been 10 business days since 02/04 and no notice has been received I’m praying the agents I talked to just don’t know wtf they talking about bc why 810 then 811 on a date after the examination? Why release the freeze ? Idk it’s so confusing I’m weekly so I’m praying tonight we get an update bc I don’t want to wait a whole another week to see nothing :( at least get the  **bleep** notice so I can stop obsessive worrying :( 

I had notice issued on 2/14 i actually got it that exact day

Yup got one 3 days ago audit letter

BossJoe

Having the same issue with these codes on my transcript. Has anyone updated or received a letter?

This stuff is crazy. No updates to transcript as of yet, no ddd either, and haven’t received any correspondence. I have tried multiple times to call the irs but am unable to get through because their phone lines are too busy & call back at another time. I just need some clarification & direction. I am following a refund group on fb. Someone else with the exact same codes as me 810,811,917, and 420 got their correspondence in the mail for audit for the eitc & ctc. Basically saying for each dependent you have to send in proof that you can claim that child & proof that the child is yours or related to you (birth certificates), school registration papers matching that kid to your address or medical records or court documents. On top of that, they have to send in proof of house hold status to get head of household like mortgage, deed, rental agreement… so on so fourth. If you can’t prove your kids attachment to your address with you on it, then you have to send in separate proof that has your name on that address, like an electric bill or something. Although I haven’t received my “notice” yet, I’m preparing my documents now & sending them in this weekend or more preferably tomorrow, if I can get everything together. I don’t have the fax number yet, but I will post a copy of the letter my friend sent to me, so anyone else can prepare accordingly as well! Good luck everyone & well wishes!!

14F3A760-7B1C-48D2-B5CD-281C29A31E99.png

Well I got an update on my transcript today a refund is issued for 2/24/22 but only for the taxes I paid in which only a small fraction of what im supposed to be given back . Up too it still shows they owe me the rest of it with - sign and the right amount . When I talked to a exam it’s agent he told me what I’ll need to fax in and said I can go ahead and fax that in but the issue is I happen to have a copy of the letter my ex received when they did this to him last year and usually u need the response form which until this comes in the mail I wouldn’t have :( but I’m gonna go ahead and fax what I got in and try and write out a paper with the exact wording of the response page he had to send in . But according to the agent it’s prolly gonna take around 150 days to complete this review if the credits and I don’t have 5 months to wait so I’m legit in tears rn . Like I was counting on that money to finish this closing on my house! Without it I won’t have quite enough to close and then I’ll be completely broke when I’m supposed to have enough for moving expenses and a nice sized savings that will keep me secured with mortgage and bills for 6 months now if I can pull off getting another 4-7 grand I’ll be able to close but have no money at all to move and no cushion in my savings :( I’m legit about to throw up bc I already have slot invested in this closing (like 5 grand ) so if this falls apart I stand to lose all the money I just put into the house ! I’m at the point that I feel like everything is falling apart :( anyways my codes were as follows  810,811(which is freezing the refund and unfreezing refund but they only released the amount I paid into taxes basically ) then 971 (notice issued) then 420 which is an exam code and now 846 refund of the taxes I paid in. So now I am gonna no and keep trying to Contact the irs and advocates as well as my congresswoman . My congresswoman asked me to sign a privacy disclosure /release and send in some documents. Good luck y’all and hopefully this examination don’t take 150 days from receipt of my documents :( 

Hey so before you receive the letter did you have the unfreeze code cause I’m trying too see do they give you the other portion after you received the letter cause I’m waiting on a letter because I claimed my grandson also what is the examination number 

Yes my codes were 810,811, 971, 420 which that means is 810-freeze 811-unfreeze, 971-notice issued, 420-examination. Today it updated to 846 under 420 which is refund and they only gave me the taxes I paid in which for me 1010 is crap rn considering I was supposed to get 18,684 smh and I’m trying to close on a house and definitely ain’t gonna have enough money :( I’m so stressed and bc I was told once I send in the info they requested which my plan was to do that today but my ex couldn’t meet up to go to the notary of public so now I can’t do crap till tomorrow morning but even then it will be like sending it out Monday so I’m frustrated ! 

Hey so I got the same code 420 and I was told it’s because they got to see if I’m approved for the credits I got the only thing I’m thinking it because i claimed my grandson the only change on my transcript was my as of date I’m praying when I send in everything they ask for they release my refund cause I want my money 🙄

Did anyone with a 420 code have any update on the transcript today ?

Yes the only thing updated was my as of date too March 7

Yup a ddd of 02/24 but only for the amount I paid into taxes they still owe me over 17,000! They only gave me 1000. My as if date changed as well . I know I have to send in proof of earned income etc so I got all my paperwork in place to fax except one item that I will have tomorrow but they saying it takes Around 150 days once they receive documentation 

Yes was wondering what all do you have to send in for proof of income cause I rent? 

When was your examination date cause I’m trying to figure out why I’m not getting none of my refund why is they holding all of it🙄

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies