Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

K1 Box 17 V * STMT

Thank you. Great instructions. It'd be super helpful if TurboTax displayed them on screen or simply said for multiple entries hit return! Even the expert I talked to on the phone had no idea.

Gerald-h
Returning Member

K1 Box 17 V * STMT

There are 4 businesses under code V how do I go about entering the amounts? Under Column A and C have positive amounts and Column B and D have negative amounts. 

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

K1 Box 17 V * STMT

You will need to enter 4 separate K1's for each business so you can enter the information required  in Box 17 code V. When you enter these, each K1 will have the same S-Corp information. In the first K1, you will all the information in the Boxes, including Box 20. The remaining three K1's, you just enter the name of the S-Corp and then the information that goes into Box 20. The remaining Boxes will remain blank.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

K1 Box 17 V * STMT

I attached Statement A related to Line 17 for K-1. However it does not pull in the corp name, ID, and shareholder name, SSN. What do I need to do to fix this for 2021 tax return.

JillS56
Expert Alumni

K1 Box 17 V * STMT

Please clarify when you say attached.   Did you attach a PDF of the K-1?   

In order to give you an accurate answer, I need more clarification of what you did.

drmrch

K1 Box 17 V * STMT

I'm running into the same frustrating problem - V* stmt - won't let me complete/e-file with zero in the amount box next to v

deadline is approaching and I need to file - please help

K1 Box 17 V * STMT

You just leave it blank beside V. Since you enter "V", more Questions will be asked later automatically where you can enter all the necessary information to calculate QBI deduction. 

K1 Box 17 V * STMT

Just helped a cx with this very issue. If your box 17 is blank on your k-1; but you checked box 17 (as having an entry) in the interview... in order to fix the error, select "no entry" in the drop down, from the error page... and this should fix the issue! Good luck!

AmyC
Expert Alumni

K1 Box 17 V * STMT

If you have no amount for line 17 in your attached statement, then uncheck the box. You don't report lines with no value. Go back to where you selected the lines with entries and de-select line 17.

@drmrch

K1 Box 17 V * STMT

I keep seeing that I should look for this screenshot, but it does not appear for me.  I am trying to enter my "Unadjusted Basis" amount.  Thank you.

K1 Box 17 V * STMT

No box for "Unadjusted Basis" appears.

AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

K1 Box 17 V * STMT

When you are on the We need some information about your 199A income screen you should scroll down to find the UBIA information:

@winthorpe2

K1 Box 17 V * STMT

I found that, thank you.  The phone representative didn't know this, so maybe it would be helpful for TurboTax to share this information with its representatives.

gsmithroundrock
Returning Member

K1 Box 17 V * STMT

After leaving the amount blank had to continue through several screens to get to the one that allows you to input all the 199A values

K1 Box 17 V * STMT

Were do I find the Statement A for 2022 related to K-1(Form1120S) Shareholder's shre of Income Credits, Deductions, etc. to enter income needed to complete answer for 17V. There is line 17V which has a QuickZoom to enter Code V Section 199A information, but it does not open when I click on QuickZoom bar.  How do I open the Quick Zoom?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies