Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

In TurboTax Business, what is the deduction category for medical reimbursement expenses paid to employees?

I don't like to use the "Misc" deduction category unless no other options, so in the list of available deductions in TurboTax Business, where best to place expenses for medical reimbursements paid to employees?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

In TurboTax Business, what is the deduction category for medical reimbursement expenses paid to employees?

In form 1120, I would categorize these payments as Compensation and Benefits > Employee Benefit Plans.

Please see attached screenshot.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

7 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

You can categorize these payments as Compensation and Benefits > Employee Compensation and Benefits > Other Fringe Benefits.

@MinhT1In Turbotax Business there is no such category and subcategories in the "Deductions" tab. No compensation, other fringe benefits, etc. This is a business deduction, no?

MinhT1
Expert Alumni

Can you please clarify? What is the tax form (1065, 1120S or 1120)?

This would be for filing US Corp Income Tax Return, Form 1120.

Checking further, the Compensation and Benefits section is not under Business Expenses. In there is Employee benefit plans. I assume the amount is placed there for a "Medical Expense Reimbursement Plan" which is different than premiums paid to a health insurance plan.

MinhT1
Expert Alumni

In form 1120, I would categorize these payments as Compensation and Benefits > Employee Benefit Plans.

Please see attached screenshot.

@MinhT1Many thanks, I think we arrived at the same place while researching.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies