Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

HSA/MCare Spouse&I work4same co,mePT.I on his HDHPas depend.Both>60.June2019he startedMCare&both keptHDHPall yr.He put 3334in hisHSA.How $$ can I put in my newHSA?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

HSA/MCare Spouse&I work4same co,mePT.I on his HDHPas depend.Both>60.June2019he startedMCare&both keptHDHPall yr.He put 3334in hisHSA.How $$ can I put in my newHSA?

Please come back and post a complete question using full words ... what you posted is impossible to understand. 

I understand - they only allow 300 letters, I will try again.

HSA Contribution/Medicare

My husband & I both work for the same company, he full-time and me part-time.  I am on his HDHP insurance as a dependent.  We are both over 60 and he contributes the maximum amount to his HSA.  In June of 2019, he went on Medicare while both of us stayed on the HDHP for the entire year.  He contributed $3334 to his HSA ($7000+$1000/12x5) for 2019.  I opened a HSA for 2019 but what is the maximum amount I can contribute?

I come up with $2625 ($3500+$1000/12x7) but the Turbo Tax calculator shows much more.  Thank You

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Did you indicate that you have 'Self-Only' HDHP health insurance for June through December?   If you indicated a 'Family' HDHP, then your HSA contribution limit will be much higher. 

If you View/Print/Download your return, take a look at the HSA Worksheet.

Click the link for more detailed info on HSA's

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies