Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member

How would i amend my taxes

My baby was born in 2020 but was filed under other deduction how do I amend it to add her so I get the payment for her

1 Reply
Employee Tax Expert

How would i amend my taxes

The payments are the advance child tax credit payments, and the information the IRS uses to make those payments can be updated here:


If you need to amend your return, you can do that from the "Tax Home" screen of TurboTax, after you have logged in to your account.  Simply scroll down to the bottom of the screen, select the year you are amending (2020), and use the options on the right side of the screen to "Amend/Change your return".  Many amended returns can be electronically filed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings