Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Form 8936 (2019)

I started to use H and R Block and had some tech glitches and one clear error.  You can't get responses.  Is there any other preparer?

My vehicle is a 2020 model bought in 2019. H&R Block doesn’t give the option for 2020.  I’m so frustrated right now.   I just want to file my taxes!  

Edited:  2020 is now an option on HR.

How about removing 8936 form that list 

Its not even showing anymore. 

Seriously? People filled with H&R asked their question on TT’s board after many TT users said they would switch to H&R because the form should available but it’s not. So fishy

Now that we are at the release date of the 12th, the form has been removed from the TurboTax supported forms? Please provide a way forward. 

My hope is that it will be there when I get home from work. I will otherwise be really upset as this is the second date they will have missed for getting that form out.

I filled out all of the TurboTax forms over a week ago, but when I went to enter my electric vehicle information, I received the "The energy-efficient vehicles section isn't ready yet" message. I check the list and it previously said form 8936 would be available on 2/12/2020. Although I did notice that forms 8834, 8910 and 8911 used to say they would be available on 2/12/2020, but have since been updated to 2/20/2020... 

I go back this morning to finish up and file my taxes and form 8936 isn't even showing up anymore... has TurboTax decided to not support this form anymore? 

Can an employee from this company please respond? If you're not going to support this form, I would like to know sooner rather than later so I can find an alternative company (likely HR Block) that can help me complete my taxes. 

I have the same question!  Where the heck is form 8936???  I bought TurboTax a month ago and would have finished my taxes by now.  This is extremely frustrating!!!  First they say the form will be available on 2-5-20.  Then they say 2-12-20.  Now today the form is just GONE from that page!!!

Unbelievable!  If they are not going to support the form, then they need to say so and give me a refund for what I spent for the software, so I can file my taxes a different way!

I WILL NEVER USE TURTOTAX AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

bryscus
Returning Member

Just got off the phone with support.  She said the system is still showing that form 8936 should be released today.  I'll check again later tonight and tomorrow morning if need be.  If it isn't there tomorrow, I'll probably e-file and amend my taxes later.

Feb 12 is upon us. Still no form. 

Would a TurboTax admin please provide a reasonable estimate for when this form might be available? If April, great, tell us. I’d rather not continue to log in every day hoping that by some miracle, I could file my taxes.

Thank you,

Chris

2/12 is not over yet.   Updates are usually done late at night.  I have asked TurboTax many times (in past years) to post the release date the day *after* because many user see the date and expect it to be there first thing in the  morning what it will actually be there first thing  the *next* day.

However, updates do not just affect a single form or fix, updates have many fixes and a problem found it any fix can clause the update to be held.   Not only do the several online versions need to be updated, all Mac and Windows users get the same update for the 8 different desktop versions and it takes a long time to download and apply desktop updates so TurboTax tries to have as many fixes in an update as possible and as few updates as possible so that desktop users will not be updating every other day.      That is one reason why updates and forms can get delayed.

This is not unusual at all and has occurred many  times in years past.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

That thought crossed my mind, but really... if H&R has the form approved already, the blame more than likely is with Intuit.  Do you want to assign the Iowa primary software glitch to the Russians, too?  Maybe we could all lower the conspiracy level here and just rely on good old explanation of incompetence on the part of Turbotax.  

Per the IRS, Form 8936 will be available for Efilers on 2/14/2020

https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/list-of-available-free-file-fillable-forms

That is interesting.  I did not know that the IRS published a list like that.  All I knew was that the form was available for download on the IRS site for a while now.  I thought it was up to each company like Intuit to take the form and integrate it into their products.  And this is a very simple form, so I would think it would be one of the easiest to integrate.

So if the IRS says 2/14, why did Intuit say 2/5, then 2/12, and now the form is completely missing from that page?

If you go here:

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_mac_individual.html

The form is not even in the list anymore.  So if the date changed or it was delayed a few days, why would they remove it from the list completely?

I imagine the IRS has to enable something on their end for E-Filing and they previously had indicated an earlier date but had to push it back for various reasons. At least that's what it seems like.

Turbotax just kept pushing back the date in coordination with what the IRS was telling them. The problem is they have not been very transparent with their users.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies