Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 8911 (tax year 2019)

When will Form 8911 *actually* work for TurboTax Deluxe 2019 for Mac? I have waited far too long for Intuit to get this right. Your website says it's available now on 2/27/2020. The application tells me it will be "available soon." Pick a story and follow through with it. I need an answer now. I've already waited three extra weeks for you people to get Form 8936 loaded and working. I've used TurboTax for 15 years. I will be switching to H&R Block for 2020.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

Have you updated your copy of the program?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you getting the message under the "Federal Review" section?  That's where I'm seeing it.  I was able to fill out the form on TurboTax Deluxe for Mac finally last week (2/25), but when I go to the review section now (with the software fully updated) I get a message saying that form 8911 will be available soon, even though it's filled out and I can see it fully filled out in the actual forms section.  This could just be a bug, but will be annoying if I'm unable to file.  I haven't tried to e-file yet, but just came across this message.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

See if you can efile despite this message. The form is available.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm seeing the same thing on my Mac. I've tried to update, and it says that my TurboTax and forms are up to date, yet the "Tax Forms to Revisit" screen still says Form 8911 is "available soon".

Perhaps you've neglected to flag the updated form for offline products on the Intuit servers?

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

You can sign up to be notified when TurboTax has implemented the provisions of the 2018 Extenders at this link 2018 Extenders passed under Taxpayer Certainty and Disaster Tax Relief Act of 2019 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I updated a minimum of twice daily before posting the original inquiry. I then spent two hours of my life on a call to TurboTax. (Don’t get me started about the aggravation involved in finally getting a number to call.) I uninstalled and reinstalled the software TWO times based on the call. Same error message. I finally overrode the error to send. Hello, H&R Block. 

Try to just push it through over the error message. Mine return was accepted by IRS after all the TurboTax aggravation. 

If only that applied to my question. 

So, I had this same problem. Federal Review is still flagging 2019 Form 8911 as being "available soon". I ended up calling into support who advised that the support personnel have come to a consensus that the Mac offline version is erroneously flagging the "available soon" error, but that when you e-file, it ought to go through, and supposedly it will be accepted by the IRS. I've managed to get through the e-file process despite the Federal Review error. And I just got notified that the IRS has accepted my return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies