Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 8824 Like-Kind Exchanges displays error for date on line 4 for any date after 12/31/2021

Form 8824 Like-Kind Exchanges displays error for date on line 4 for any date after 12/31/2021

No matter what date in 2022 I put or even if I leave it blank, I still get an error message.

If I put dates prior to 2022, the error goes away.

2022-10-17 (1) - Copy.png

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

For successful 1031 exchanges that straddle two tax years, the exchange is reported in the tax year in which the relinquished property is transferred.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

For successful 1031 exchanges that straddle two tax years, the exchange is reported in the tax year in which the relinquished property is transferred.

My bad, this has to go on the 2022 return.

You are correct and I misread your post (and screenshot).

However, you are apparently attempting to report this transaction using the 2021 version of TurboTax when it took place entirely in the 2022 tax year. Thus, you will have to wait for the 2022 versions of TurboTax to be released (sometime next month or early December).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies