turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

3lmkendra

Child Tax Credit

I e filed with Turbo Tax. It is saying on your website I have no dependents... I received all my stimulus payments for my dependents therefore why haven't I received or qualify for the children tax credit. This is crazy I didnt expect to be not eligible when I am

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
conniem123
Employee Tax Expert

Child Tax Credit

Great question! I understand you have not received the advance payment of the 2021 Child Tax Credit.  The IRS used data from your filed 2020 tax return.

Take a look at your 2020 tax return, Form 1040.  Look at the dependents listed on your return, and then to the right of their name to column (4).  If there is a check mark in the little box under Child Tax credit, than you received the Child Tax Credit on your 2020 tax return.  If there is a check mark in the little box under Credit for other dependents, than you received the Other Dependent Credit, not the Child Tax Credit.

There are eligibility requirements to receive the Child Tax Credit.  Here are the requirements for your review. 

https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-deductions-and-credits-2/what-is-the-2021-child-tax-credit-unde...

If you are eligible and did not receive the Child Tax Credit on your 2020 tax return, that could be the reason you have  not received the advance payment.  Take a look at your 2020 tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies