Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Deductions & credits
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Everyone knows there are tax benefits to having children and dependents and some are pretty amazing! If you’ve ever had questions about the popular Child Tax Credit (CTC) or Earned Income Credit (EIC), this is the place to be! TurboTax does the think... read more
Employee Tax Expert KarenL ‎Posted March 1, 2024
It seems the most popular question at tax time is “Can I deduct this…?”. Of course you don’t want to pay more taxes than you need to; and you want to get all the tax deductions and credits you’re entitled to take. The resources below have helped many... read more
Employee Tax Expert KarenL ‎Posted January 18, 2024
Or, should I give them the money as a gift, and. then they pay me back after they sell their house?
jmpeacock-sbcglo ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 32m ago by tagteam
If I were to purchase a used EV and utilize the $4000 credit upfront on the purchase (assuming all qualifications are met) and then trade that in for a new EV later in the same year, can I then also claim the $7500 credit upfront (assuming all qualif... read more
Dillon116 ‎Posted 4 hours ago
I made extension payments in 2023 for 2022 state taxes. The payments ended up being unnecessary, resulting in refunds for which 1099Gs were issued. I have entered in the 1099G amounts, as well as the extension payment amounts. On the state and local ... read more
gardineiro ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post yesterday by gardineiro
Hi, I don't know if there is a glitch in the system or what but my foreign accounts question has a check mark in the yes block, however I don't have any foreign accounts and I don't recall checking the yes block. Will this delay my refund? Do I need ... read more
MGloeckler ‎Posted Friday | Latest post yesterday by MGloeckler
I filed as early as I could, but i thought something changed to where we receive more now?
msamick5 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by DoninGA
My friend plans to pay $220,000 directly to my mortgage company as a gift, but I'll still have mortgage payments to make. Would I need to pay gift tax on this amount?
guri0121 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by xmasbaby0
Here is my problem. My wife had two different employers in 2023. Both contributed $22,500 to a combination of traditional 401K and Roth 401K. We confirmed this only after we filed our taxes (turbotax did give the notice) and after April 15th, 2024. W... read more
TheGuttes ‎Posted yesterday
My business address is listed at a family members permanent address in another city. However, all the work will be conducted at my home address. Am I still able to write-off home office etc. for my address (different from LLC address)?
Maddogg ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by Bsch4477
I am tying to see where I add Per Diem on Turbo tax for being as truck driver. Indiana gives us $63/day credit
djlogarth ‎Posted March 7, 2024 | Latest post yesterday by ididntsay
Do I claim the EITC, or what is it called?My income tax info stated that I didn't reside at a main address in the U.S. ("less than 6 months"), yet I have. I was homeless for a while and had to use the shelter's address. Thus most of my funds that wer... read more
nshakur ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by Critter-3
iamtestpass_5610 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by xmasbaby0
K1 income is correctly accounted for in calculating income taxes and SS taxes BUT not flowing through into self-employed income for social security admin calculations? This is a 2022 return problem. 2000 through 2021 are correct -- i must have ticked... read more
OldCarGuy ‎Posted yesterday
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies