Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1095-A and Form 8962. How long after I fax? Please he’ll

@lcuellar4 

Sorry you don't like my straight forward non apologetic style ... sadly I pointed out this flaw  in the 2019 interview flaw way back in December when the program first came  out  and suggested  a fix that did not happen until March and only happened after many many users complained of the IRS letters causing the delays we see today. 

Since TT didn't correct the issue sooner they will have to deal with the class action lawsuits that are certainly around the corner ... this was a preventable issue that did not have to happen ... that section of the program should have been fixed way before any returns could have been efiled.  

Me neither. Never use it again. Also, I don’t think I mentioned that in order to print all the forms I needed they made me pay up front instead of taking it out of my return. THEN, they charge to charge me for the initial upgrade that I need to make to speak with a CPA, and deliver live which said that it was only $20 more that I had to do to get the forms printed. They charged me for both upgrades individually. I was on the phone for hours with them. I will NEVER use TT again. I’ll go pay an accountant first. 

Well said @Critter And with Turbo Tax being one of the most well known tax sites around, one would assume/trust that you would prompted to upload any and all crucial forms needed in order to file properly. They are in the business of taxes afterall- "trusted professionals" to which we paid in order to provide us with their "expert" services. 

Filed on Jan. 31st by the way, still no answers....

Due to the change in the healthcare mandate the program was changed by the programmers who did not understand that removing the required healthcare tab that HAD to be completed before you could file as it was in the last 5 years that they messed up big time.  On top of that they "hid" the 1095-A entry screen in the medical expenses section and did not make the healthcare question mandatory in any way until they were forced to fix it in March.  It is almost criminal in they way they made the change and did not make the correction timely even when users pointed out the error and demanded a correction.   I am sure there is a law firm somewhere putting together a class action lawsuit on this situation.

tried to call them several times with no success

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Attached is a link with more information as to what departments are available to contact at the moment.

IRS operations

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This exact thing happened to me. E-filed on TT, returns were accepted on Feb 16, then got the 12C IRS letter in March but instead of faxing it like all of you, I mailed the docs via USPS. I've heard nothing since. Where's my refund just says still processing. Today I looked at the option to get a transcript of my return thru the IRS website and it said there was no record of my return?! I'm freaking out. I got laid off in April, I need my return asap! ☹️

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

The IRS was closed for return processing for some time to focus on the economic stimulus payments. They have resumed normal operations and are now processing returns. You will have to be patient as the IRS works on getting caught up. Continue to track the progress through the IRS Check my Refund Status link. Or, you may call 1-800-829-1040 with any Federal tax questions. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hello everyone,

My refund was accepted by IRS 2/03/20. Then I get a 12C Letter from IRS to submitted 8962 with 1040A. Information was faxed on 3/11/20 and recieved a confirmation. Finally, today 08/05/20 I received my refund after waiting 6 months for my money, and there refund amount changed dramatically!!

the same thing happened to me  the 8962 form  i already filed 1099 but ineede to add 8962 now its waiting game  how lonng for i dont know

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

The IRS's general timetable is to get you your refund within six to eight weeks of receiving your response. 

This is simply the goal; you may receive your refund earlier or later.   

The request for Form 8962 and Form 1095-A is usually sent to taxpayers on the IRS's 12C Letter. 
According to the IRS's Understanding Your Letter 12C page,

When we receive the requested information, we’ll use it to process your original tax return.  If you’re due a refund, we’ll send it about 6-8 weeks after we receive your response.

Form 8962 is required when someone on your tax return had health insurance in 2020 through Healthcare.gov (or a state marketplace), and took the Advance Premium Tax Credit to lower their monthly premium.

I absolutely agree I was surprised they didn't ask me for my health information and I filed and a week later I got the 1095 in the mail I called TurboTax and they said you can amended on March 25th so I waited and now I get a letter from the IRS saying they need those forms I totally agree TurboTax should take some kind of responsibility this will definitely be the last year I use them

How did you know if your refund was increased or decreased? I faxed mine in about 3 weeks ago and no response.

Hello,

My refund decreased , and i found out because i had to go to h r block to re do it and paid them, they faxed it for me . It was my 2019 return and they faxed it in february 2020 . And the irs was shut down so mine took 8 months to finally recieve it. ugh! You should not have to wait that long for your refund because they are not shut down anymore. i would email or text turbo tax or call them they should be able to tell you the adjusted amount of your refund.

good luck,

christene

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

@Jdutcher12

The IRS will generally notify you within eight weeks of receiving your FAXed response.  Times are typically slower this year; much of the staff is still working remotely.

According to the IRS's Understanding Your Letter 12C page,

When we receive the requested information, we’ll use it to process your original tax return.  If you’re due a refund, we’ll send it about 6-8 weeks after we receive your response.

Form 8962 is required when someone on your tax return had health insurance in 2020 through Healthcare.gov (or a state marketplace), and took the Advance Premium Tax Credit to lower their monthly premium.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies