Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

shieldsee

PA Educational Improvement Credit

Hi! - This questions is specific to my federal tax return.  I am part of a partnership where we contribute to the PA Educational Improvement Credit Program.  My portion was $14k.  My FEDERAL K-1 lists 10% ($1,400.00) in box 13"A", and the other 90% ($12,600.00) in box 13"ZZ".  The $1,400.00 is included as a charitable deduction and the $12,600.00 should be included in Schedule A Line 5A - State and Local Taxes (The IRS published a safe harbor for certain individuals who make a charitable contribution and receive a state tax credit.  Under the safe harbor, an individual may treat as a payment of state taxes the portion for which a charitable contribution deduction is or will be disallowed under the final regulations.  This amount is reflected in Box 13 Code ZZ and should be reported on Schedule A Line 5A)...I have been struggling trying to figure out how to mechanically get the $12,600.00 onto Schedule A Line 5A.  It won't change my taxes because of the $10,000.00 limit, but I want to record it properly.  Anyone know how to do this?  I've wasted so much time already trying to figure this out.  Thanks!!!!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies