Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

crtucci1

On my state return, why am not receiving the credits in section 6 . No schedule 1299-C was generated and the 5% credit on my property taxes were also not included?

I am referring to line 16 &17 of my state return. 
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AmyC
Expert Alumni

On my state return, why am not receiving the credits in section 6 . No schedule 1299-C was generated and the 5% credit on my property taxes were also not included?

Line 16 applies only if you received an emergency worker credit, see line 16 and line 17 details here.  Line 17 - The IL property credit is pretty straightforward. If you fail to meet one of these, you are not entitled. The 86 Ill Adm. Code 100.2180 states:

Notwithstanding any other provision of law, for taxable years beginning on or after January 1, 2017, no taxpayer is allowed a credit under this Section if the taxpayer's adjusted gross income for the taxable year exceeds:

• A)        $500,000, in the case of spouses filing a joint federal tax return; or
  • B)        $250,000, in the case of all other taxpayers. (IITA Section 208)

For purposes of this provision, each spouse is a separate taxpayer.   A taxpayer will qualify for the property tax credit if:

1.  the taxpayer's principal residence during the year preceding the tax year at issue was in Illinois; and
  2.  the taxpayer owned the residence; and
  3. the property tax billed in the tax year at issue has been paid.   This is the amount paid after factoring in any applicable exemptions.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies