cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1

My wife worked full time for a non-profit and didn’t collect as salary. Apparently we lose the dependent care deduction. Is there anyway to obtain the deduction?

5 Replies
Level 3

My wife worked full time for a non-profit and didn’t collect as salary. Apparently we lose the dependent care deduction. Is there anyway to obtain the deduction?

So she was a volunteer?
Level 1

Yes and we needed the child care for her to be able to volunteer.
Level 1

Was this true in prior years as well?
Level 15

Yes.
Level 15

Unfortunately child care credit can only be claimed to allow parents to work for income.