turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

blufftont

My search shows that the tax law has already been approved for 2018 to deduct mortgage insurance premiums, but your site does not, which prevents me from filing. Why?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My search shows that the tax law has already been approved for 2018 to deduct mortgage insurance premiums, but your site does not, which prevents me from filing. Why?

You need to search the IRS website for accurate information.  There are tons of inaccurate websites out there stating that the PMI deduction has been extended, but it has not.  If you notice the dates on those articles they are all from October 2018 and earlier, before anyone knew for sure what would happen.

Read IRS Publication 936, it was updated as of Jan 24, 2019 and it shows that the PMI expired in 2017.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You need to search the IRS website for accurate information.  There are tons of inaccurate websites out there stating that the PMI deduction has been extended, but it has not.  If you notice the dates on those articles they are all from October 2018 and earlier, before anyone knew for sure what would happen.

Read IRS Publication 936, it was updated as of Jan 24, 2019 and it shows that the PMI expired in 2017.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies