Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

magg661

My previous home I sold paid off the outstanding loan in full. It's shows it was not paid on the 1099r

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

My previous home I sold paid off the outstanding loan in full. It's shows it was not paid on the 1099r

What exactly is the problem? Where are you trying to enter the information? Form 1099-R is to report retirement income.

vashus

I took a $164000 60 day loan from my 401k to purchase a home. The loan was repaid with in the 60 days. The 1099r shows that I received $193,000 as taxable and does not show the $164000 repayment. There for I am being taxed for money that I returned. How do I correct this. 

Loans are not reported on a 1099-R, so you actually took a distribution.  After you enter the 1099-R, there are questions. One of them asks about rollovers.  That's what you did.

vashus

According to Edward Jones, that is not accurate. They had me withdraw the money under a 60 day loan agreement and if paid back with in the 60 days it was not considered a distribution.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies