Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JTPR

My mortgage is correctly entered on turbo tax (1098) of $12,510, however, it reflects $0 on the two-year comparison (2017-2018). Why?

My mortgage is correctly entered on turbo tax (1098) of $12,510, however, it reflects $0 on the two-year comparison (2017-2018). Why?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

Please read below. You can switch between the Standard Deduction and Itemized Deductions to see which you would like to take. Type   itemized deductions, choosing   into the search box and then click the "Jump to itemized deductions, choosing"

You can also see what the program is calculating for the mortgage interest by switching to Itemize and then looking at your Schedule A (switch to forms mode to view the Schedule A).

There are new rules on claiming Home Mortgage Interest this year. If the interest is not showing, check the numbers posted on the 1098 screen. You may also post a new question for clarification in Answer Exchange.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300919

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

Are you taking the standard deduction this year?   
JTPR

It was "recommended" by Turbo Tax (automated) that I do. However, my total “itemized” deductions far exceed the “standard” deductions by ~54%. I’m lost as to why I have to take the standard deduction which is significantly lower. Thanks for your quick earlier response.
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

Please read below. You can switch between the Standard Deduction and Itemized Deductions to see which you would like to take. Type   itemized deductions, choosing   into the search box and then click the "Jump to itemized deductions, choosing"

You can also see what the program is calculating for the mortgage interest by switching to Itemize and then looking at your Schedule A (switch to forms mode to view the Schedule A).

There are new rules on claiming Home Mortgage Interest this year. If the interest is not showing, check the numbers posted on the 1098 screen. You may also post a new question for clarification in Answer Exchange.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300919

My 1098 mortgage amount is not showing on the two year comparison form?  I always use std deduction but it always has shown on the form.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies