Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My mortgage interest statement says I took out a loan in 2014, but I took out a mortgage in 2021

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

My mortgage interest statement says I took out a loan in 2014, but I took out a mortgage in 2021

To clarify, did you take out any mortgage loan in 2014 or was that a mistake on their part? If in 2021, use the mortgage origination date as of 2021 and not 2014. You may need to look at your settlement state to find out what the mortgage origination date is.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I took the mortgage out in 2021; I have a feeling that the origination date listed on the 1098 was from a former shareholder. 

FangxiaL
Expert Alumni

It must be the mortgage interest statement issued by the Co-Op. That statement is based on the per-share mortgage interest allocated to you. You should also have another mortgage interest statement for the loan you took out on your own when you purchased your apartment.

@alison-pollak

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies