mmmartrich

My employer is foreign and doesn't have a state or zip code. Yet, Turbo Tax says I must add these to file.

HelenaC

Your information does not say whether you received a W-2 or not.

To enter a W-2 foreign address in TurboTax:
  • In TurboTax Online, select Foreign country from the Type of mailing address drop-down, located right above above the address. This opens fields that let you enter a province, postal code, and/or country.
  • In the TurboTax software, select the Other radio button above the address field and then select the Foreign country radio button. This opens fields that let you enter a province, postal code, and/or country.

To choose the type of foreign income you received, open your return and search for foreign income. Click the "Jump to" link in the search results, answer Yes to Did you Make any Money Outside the U.S.? and follow the on-screen instructions.

If you lived and worked in a foreign country, you might qualify for the foreign income exclusion. We'll ask questions to see if you quality after you've entered your foreign income.