Solved: My daughter and I are both listed on Loan and title for a car she bought in 2018. Who can claim the sales tax deduction, my daughter or me?

mr-miller

My daughter and I are both listed on Loan and title for a car she bought in 2018. Who can claim the sales tax deduction, my daughter or me?

I am listed as the borrower and she is listed as the co-borrower. However ist is her car and she is paying the loan off on her own. Also, I itemize my taxes and she does not.

JohnW15

Your daughter would be entitled to the deduction, since she's paying the auto loan and, presumably, the sales tax.  However, she would need to itemize her deductions to get any benefit from claiming the sales tax deduction.

JohnW15