Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jparker100
Returning Member

My daughter & I purchased an investment property in 2018. What is the best way to include this in our 2018 tax returns?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My daughter & I purchased an investment property in 2018. What is the best way to include this in our 2018 tax returns?

I highly recommend you sit down with a local tax pro and be educated on what needs to be done in your state ... you may be able to simply split the Sch E between the 2 returns  or you may need to file a separate partnership return which is due 3/15/19.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Did you do anything with it ?   Did it earn any income ?   Did you set up a partnership for it yet ?
jparker100
Returning Member

Both units are rented so yes to income.  Have not setup a partnership.  I asked my mortgage company about transferring the house to an LLC and they said I could not.

I highly recommend you sit down with a local tax pro and be educated on what needs to be done in your state ... you may be able to simply split the Sch E between the 2 returns  or you may need to file a separate partnership return which is due 3/15/19.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies