sdimples

My CT tax form says enter date paid property taxes. There is no date on my 1098 form. I paid taxes through my mortgage. The total is in the escrow reconciliation column.

Enter any date in 2022. 

Carl

Every year you receive an escrow analysis statement from your lender, or other party if an entity other than your lender manages the escrow account. On that statement it shows all deposits to the escrow, as well as all disbursements from the escrow account. At least one of those disbursements will be for property taxes. I would also expect you to see a disbursement from escrow for the property insurance also.

With most lenders, you can access details on line not just for the mortgage, but also for the escrow account. So that's another possibility for getting the precise date paid.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing