My 1098 is with regards to a reverse mortgage. It ...

My 1098 is with regards to a reverse mortgage. It is referred to as a HECM not a HELOC . Does this change anything

The interest in your reverse mortgage is not tax deductible unless and until pay off the loan.  That's because you aren't actually paying the interest, it's just accruing.  

Hello, I am a former J1 student in 2018 summer work and travel program. I would like to ask about my tax return. I've tried to file it yesterday and still waiting for the approval. My friend which is a J1 student of 2018 program got a $1,200 from their tax refund yesterday. Am I still eligible for it? Thank you.