turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Medicare Part B and Part D Premiums

My spouse started Medicare in June 2023.  She is not on Social Security so we pay directly to Medicare the monthly premiums.  Because she is not on SSA we do not receive a SSA 1099. I am at the section now in Turbo tax and I dont see anywhere to list her payments.  Since I am on SSA, I receive a SSA1099 and my information is recorded when I get to that section cause I input the SSA1099 in the income section.

So my question is where do I record her payments to Medicare?  also her supplemental policy payments?

Should I just list it in the sections labeled: "other medical expenses"?  Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If you itemize those expenses are medical insurance premiums and are entered in the medical insurance section of your itemized medical deductions.  You can only deduct an amount of total medical expenses greater than 7.5% of your AGI. 

Thank you Champ.  I do not itemize on the Federal Return as I dont meet that medical percentage.  However, I input this information as it applies to my state return.  

What I have chosen to do is input my wife's' Medicare insurance/IRMA expenses  in the "how much did you spend in insurance premiums section" and input her expenses under sub category "additional medical insurance premiums".  Doing it this way, all was accepted correctly.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies