Solved: Medical deductions /insurance question

Medical deductions /insurance question

I am attempting to enter medical expenses.  one of the first questions Turbo Tax asks is what HDHP plan I was on December 1 of 2018?  I've never been on an HDHP plan, I've been on medicare  for 8 years,  No matter what I check on that question it asks me about the reason for my lapse in insurance.  I have never had a lapse in insurance.  If you try to go further and enter medical expense amounts the only amount field you can enter is prescription, the other medical amount fields are locked out you cannot enter anything.  What do I do?

Medical deductions /insurance question

That questions is intended to catch taxpayers who had HDHP coverage in 2018 and who did not in 2019.

Since you did not have HDHP coverage in 2018, you should answer "NONE". You correctly recognized that you didn't have HDHP coverage; you just need to be assured that "NONE" is an OK answer for you - it is OK.

This should remove the lapsed message.

Medical deductions /insurance question

This should remove the lapsed message.

Medical deductions /insurance question

turbo tax is not allowing me to enter amount of deduction.  it gives me a water drop

Medical deductions /insurance question

What water drop are you referring to? Are you referring to a blue thing in the Medical/Dental Expenses interview?