Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Massachusetts Circuit Breaker credit refiling?

Hi, I filed originally on my 2020 Massachusetts returns Schedule CB, circuit breaker credit.  I took advantage of the Cares Act Coronavirus distribution from my retirement by only taking 1/3rd of the normal RMD for 2020.  I decided to include them ratably over a 3 year period.  Turbotax put no amount on line 5 of Schedule CB 2020/Massachusetts which fulfilled my requirements to receive the credit.  The line states.....Pensions/annuities/IRA/Keough distributions not taxed on your massachusetts tax return.  The state of massachusetts instead came back to me and said I failed to write in the  2/3rds I haven't paid taxes on yet, which are supposed to be rated for tax years 2021 & 2022 - and consequently put me over the limit for qualification.  I feel/think these covid distributions isn't part of line 5, the FAQ for Cares Act in massachusetts says withdrawl money is treated as taxable income and can be spread over three years, line 5 is for non-taxable income.  My question is what form can I fill out (since I originally did an E-file) that would alert the state of Massachusetts that those 2 remaining Covid distributions is not fair game for line 5 on the 2020 Mass/CB shedule?  Thanks for any and all help.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies