turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tsteele93

I entered my auto registration (SC-value based) in & it doesn't lower my bill. Usually it does. I tried registration and the next line down - property tax. Neither works.

I have done this every year before and it usually lowers my tax bill immediately upon entering it. I've tried the registration line and the property tax line and neither are lowering my tax bill. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I entered my auto registration (SC-value based) in & it doesn't lower my bill. Usually it does. I tried registration and the next line down - property tax. Neither works.

It sounds like TurboTax has determined that you'd be better off taking the Standard Deduction instead of Itemizing Deductions (which would include the auto registration).

Perhaps you're not done entering all your deductions that would go on the Itemized Deduction Schedule. Do you still have mortgage interest, property taxes, charitable donations, etc to enter?

tsteele93

Sadly I do not recall the outcome of this situation. I did not take the standard deduction, nor was it the best choice for me - so I don't know why it was doing that. Thanks for your answer. It seems like even if I had not entered all my deductions, it should have moved the needle on the refund meter. But perhaps not, since I cannot recall I apologize for not being able to help. Again, thank you for the response. Whatever the problem was, I worked it out at the time. LOL.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies