Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

8carol21

Is there a place to add a personal 2024 HSA contribution?

I want to reduce taxes by making a personal contribution to my HSA, where do I add it in Turbo Tax?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Is there a place to add a personal 2024 HSA contribution?

You would be adding a 2023 HSA contribution to deduct it on your 2023 return which you can do before April 15. 

Here’s how to enter a post-tax HSA contribution in TurboTax:

1. Open (continue) your return in TurboTax. In the search bar, search for hsa and select the Jump to link in the search results.
  2. On the screen Tell us about the health-related accounts you had in 2023, check the box next to Health Savings Account (HSA)and select Continue.
  3. If you land on Your HSA summary, select Edit, then make sure the Health Savings Account (HSA) box is checked on the next screen and select Continue. If you see the screen Here’s what we have so far, select Done.
  4. Answer Yes or No to Did you inherit this HSA?, depending on your situation.
  5. Enter your contribution on the screen Let’s enter your HSA contributions and select Continue.
  6. If you contributed too much, you'll see the message You may want to withdraw funds from your HSA. Select the option to either withdraw the excess or pay the penalty.
  7. Continue answering the questions until you reach Your HSA summary. All your employee contributions will be listed as a deduction, and any contributions made by your employer and not reported on your W-2 will be reported as tax-free company contributions
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies