Is the mortgage limitation question flipped? I sho...

Is the mortgage limitation question flipped? I should click 'yes' if my mortgage exceeds $1M, but the way it is phrased "loan balance does not exceed.." i click no

If your loan exceeds the $1 million for loans secured on or before December 15, 2017, or $750,000 for loans secured after December 15, 2017, then you will need to select yes.

TurboTax will then ask additional questions to determine how much of your mortgage interest is deductible.

Hi, when i click the 'no, none of these situations apply to me' regarding average loan balance, my tax is what i expected.  when i hit 'continue' on that page, my federal tax jumps by a substantial amount - and my itemized deduction has been replaced by the standard deduction.  why is TurboTax make this adjustment?  When i return to the Mortgage section, and click to the loan balance page, the selection is 'yes, one or both of these situations apply to me. '  I worked through publication 936 to support my checking the 'no' box.  Help!