Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ineligible per Turbotax but I live in a non urban area

Turbotax is saying I am ineligible when I put my information in but this link is saying my area (newtown Square, PA) is considered non-urban and is eligible: https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/3f67d5e82dc64d1589714d5499196d4f/page/Page/

Is anyone else experiencing this and if so what did you do? I do not want to leave money on the table if we are. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

to elaborate this is for form 8911 Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property s

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

I'll suggest that you go to the IRS website Instructions for Form 8911 (01/2024) and use Worksheet 1. Eligible Census Tract Determination for Refueling Property Placed in Service in 2023 or 2024.

This may provide some additional information.  Unfortunately, I do not have enough information to get an answer.

Please contact us again with any questions, and provide some additional details.

I suggested the site above because the reference you have includes this disclaimer:

"Disclaimer: This mapping tool is intended to reflect all eligible locations for the 30C credit but is not formal IRS guidance. Thus, this mapping tool may not be relied upon by taxpayers to substantiate a tax return position and will not be used by the IRS for examination purposes. The mapping tool does not reflect the application of the law to a specific taxpayer’s situation, and the applicable Internal Revenue Code provisions ultimately control."

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies