turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

amfalco
Returning Member

Independent Contractor with 1099-Misc. Where do I list expenses (special tools, other supplies) related to this contractor job?

Independent Contractor with 1099-Misc. Where do I list expenses (special tools, other supplies) related to this contractor job?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Where do I enter my self-employment business expenses, like home office, vehicle mileage, and supplies?

To enter your home office, vehicle mileage, supplies and other common business expenses:

1. Type “Schedule C” in the Search box.
  2. Select the “Jump to” link.
    • If this is your first time working in this section: You’ll be asked some questions about your self-employment work, and then have a chance to enter your expenses.
    • If  you have already entered some information about your self-employment work:
      • Select Edit next to your business, and confirm your general business info if asked.
      • Select Add expenses for this work OR, if this your first time entering expenses, select Continue on the Let's get the deductions...screen.
      • Follow the screens to enter your expenses.

TurboTax CD/Download Home & Business - Follow these instructions to enter your expenses.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies