Adam1350

In NJ, I owned two residences last year. One was my primary I sold, then moved to another, which became my primary. How do i enter the total taxes for deduction?

DS30

If you are asking about claiming an itemized deduction for your property taxes related to both properties, you can add both sets of property taxes paid during the year under the home section. You can either combined the 2 amounts and enter them both a primary home or you can enter the home that you live in now as your primary residence and the home you sold as additional home. Either way, the combined total will show on your Schedule A. (You can also do this for your mortgage interest deduction.

To enter home mortgage interest and property tax information in TurboTax, log into your tax return (for TurboTax Online sign-in, click Here and click on "Take me to my return") type "Schedule a" in the search bar then select "jump to Schedule a". TurboTax will guide you in entering this information.

DS30