Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CConarty1

Imputed Income

Hello, I currently have my domestic partner under my company's health plan, but she also qualifies as a dependent. She has lived with me the whole year, makes less than $4700, and I pay for more than half of her expenses. When my company gave me my W-2 this year, they included both my health costs and her's as imputed income. We signed a document at the beginning of 2023 registering that she qualified as a dependent and that they would not include this in my taxable income. Now I am paying over $7,000 in taxes because of this. They keep pushing us off and not giving me an updated W-2. What can I do about this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Imputed Income

see this older article , but the company is probably correct in treating your DP health insurance as taxable income to you. if you were married the answer would be different.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-credits-deductions/discussion/my-domestic-partner-is-being-tax... 

being able to claim your DP as a dependent is completely separate from how your paying their health insurance is taxed. 

if you believe your company made misrepresentations see a lawyer. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies