If I am on the title of my sisters house and pay a portion of the mortgage but my name is not on it can I write that off in my taxes for next year?

@jackieh392  I've changed my response here to agree with @TurboTaxColeen TurboTaxColeen as I just looked at IRS Pub 936 and it's been updated for for the 2018 tax law changes apparently. It looks like you can not claim/deduct any interest you paid since the property is not your primary home or 2nd home. Additionally, without you being a signatory on the loan you don't have a legal obligation to pay the loan. So you can't deduct any mortgage interest paid on it.

Unfortunately, no. You must be liable for the debt as well as pay the debt.