jessicac

If I accidentally added my second child on the EIC but my ex husband claims her as a dependent and is trying to claim her for EIC . how do I fix it ?

BrendaBLO

Since you have already e-filed the return, you cannot make changes until the return has either been accepted or rejected by the IRS. 

• If the return is accepted, you will have to amend your return before you can make changes. You will then have to print and mail the amended return to the IRS. 
  • If the return is rejected, you can then go back and make any changes and corrections that are needed and then re-file the return.

Please see these instructions below for amending a return in TurboTax Online

BrendaBLO

Have you already e-filed?
jessicac

yes . my second child is listed as Nondependent- for EIC/dependent care only , she lived with me all year , Im the custodial parent so can he still claim her as his dependent ? that was our agreement he would claim one and I would claim one
BrendaBLO