I would like to use the allowed meal tax expense w...

evolvingmovement

I would like to use the allowed meal tax expense while in Henderson, Nevada January-August and in Tucson, AZ Sept- Nov. Where do I find that daily allowance amount?

The days there were in 10-12 day increments.
VictoriaD75

Are you referring to deductions for meal expenses? Are you self-employed? Employees are not allowed deductions for meals. Business meals may be deductible, but certain requirements must be met. See the information below related to deducting business meals on your taxes:

Deducting Business Meals

daa

thank you for the info. i hope everyone is safe & well. based off the chart provided in link, company holiday party is 100% deductible.. how should amount be entered in turbotax as it auto calcs 50%? thank you

VictoriaD75

They are deductible at 100% for self-employed individuals in the circumstances described in the link above. When you are enter the meals in TurboTax, there is a place to enter either 100% deductible meals versus 50% deductible meals. You may need to click the Add expenses for this work button on the self-employment screen for the option to appear.

daa

thank you!