I work in the USA but for a foreign company. I am hearing around work that there is some sort of tax credit for working for a foreign company and that it is filed for past 3 years. Is this real?

Working in the U. S. as a citizen, it does not matter if the company is U. S. or foreign, then income is reported and taxed the same on your return.

Ask those folks you work with for some detailed information they can show you.

Then send me a comment back with it and I will refer the information and source of it for you.  People say lots of things, but have them show you some evidence.