Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ukulele6

I sold income property in Hawaii in 2016. Where do I report the captial gains on the Fed 1040 and the Hawaii N-15

How do I access line 55 in the N-15?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I sold income property in Hawaii in 2016. Where do I report the captial gains on the Fed 1040 and the Hawaii N-15

You will enter your sale information under Sales of Business Assets.  This will create the Form 4797, which shows the capital gain which is reported on the Schedule D - and the current year rental income/loss which is reported on the Schedule E.  This information should automatically be transferred to the Hawaii nonresident (N15) income tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You will enter your sale information under Sales of Business Assets.  This will create the Form 4797, which shows the capital gain which is reported on the Schedule D - and the current year rental income/loss which is reported on the Schedule E.  This information should automatically be transferred to the Hawaii nonresident (N15) income tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies