jsu1000

I replaced old windows with energy efficient windows. However, I could not see place to enter in turbotax under home energy credits

This is my primary residential home.

MinhT

The residential energy efficient credit for doors and windows originally expired on December 31, 2016. It was then extended for 2017 by the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 signed on February 9, 2018.

TurboTax will update its tax program as soon as we receive directions from the IRS. We expect that the forms will be available in TurboTax next week.

Please read this TurboTax FAQ for more information:

MinhT

The credits expired at the end of 2016 and are not on the tax form.  They were added back retroactively in the budget that was passed Feb 8, but the IRS has not announced a timetable for when they will be turned on in the program.

The IRS is hoping to have consumer-level tax changes implemented by March 2, but we don't have official word yet for the form needed for this credit.