Yes - you can deduct as a business expense on your Schedule C, uniforms that are required for your work and not suitable for everyday use (not usable as street clothes). Referee uniforms would qualify under these guidelines.
To deduct the cost of the uniforms follow the steps below:
- Log in to your account.
- Go to Income and Expenses.
- Go to Self Employment Income.
- Scroll down to Expenses and click Add more Expenses.
- Select Other miscellaneous expenses and click continue.
- Type Uniforms and enter the amount.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"