turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I purchased TurboTax Premier Federal plus State 2023 but upon filing TurboTax still charged me $25 for my state filing?

HI

I purchased TurboTax Premier Federal plus State 2023 but upon filing, TurboTax still charged me $25 for my state filing? The state is California. 

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I purchased TurboTax Premier Federal plus State 2023 but upon filing TurboTax still charged me $25 for my state filing?

Desktop Premier is a combo Fed and State package, but the included state is the state program download.  One can prepare multiple state returns of that same state, but there is a $25 fee to efile each state return, except for New York state.    The state efile fee can be avoided if one wants to print and mail the state return.

When paying the $25 state efile, it's in one's best interest to pay upfront with credit/debit card.  If one chooses to pay the $25 out of the Federal refund, there is an additional $40 service fee ($45 for California filers.)

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Desktop Premier is a combo Fed and State package, but the included state is the state program download.  One can prepare multiple state returns of that same state, but there is a $25 fee to efile each state return, except for New York state.    The state efile fee can be avoided if one wants to print and mail the state return.

When paying the $25 state efile, it's in one's best interest to pay upfront with credit/debit card.  If one chooses to pay the $25 out of the Federal refund, there is an additional $40 service fee ($45 for California filers.)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies