Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

shannan

I purchased home and business, we are self employed with a K-1 and trying to add home office

Having trouble with home office deduction because it wants to add income but we have a K-1

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

I purchased home and business, we are self employed with a K-1 and trying to add home office

If your K-1 is from a Partnership, (Form 1065), follow these instructions to enter your home office expenses as Unreimbursed Partnership Expenses (UPE):  

Both the K-1 amounts as well as the UPE can be reported through the K-1 interview.  At the end of this answer, I will provide an FAQ which provides instruction on how to access the K-1 interview.   About halfway through the interview, you will see a screen entitled Describe the Partnership.  The first checkbox says "I am required to pay supplemental expenses on behalf of this LLC/Partnership for which I am not reimbursed." Click on that box in order to generate the interview to enter your unreimbursed partnership expenses.

To access the K-1 interview, please follow the instructions in this FAQ:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301717 

Please note:  If you are receiving the K-1 from an S-Corp, you cannot take these deductions.  You need to have the S-Corp reimburse you for the expenses.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
shohensee

Okay so if I have k-1’s but have a home office I would put the utilities and depreciation of home etc for the space size that the business uses under the unreimbursed partnership expenses instead of under the home office schedule C?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies