Solved: I purchased a new computer in 2017 and it is listed on my taxes in part 1 of section 179 in the amount of $2454. How much do I carryover into this year?

I purchased a new computer in 2017 and it is listed on my taxes in part 1 of section 179 in the amount of $2454. How much do I carryover into this year?

You (sometimes) have an option to use the 179 deduction in the first year an asset is placed in service and you can claim up to the full price. If you used section 179 last year, and you did not claim all the cost, whatever you didn't claim (the remaining value) will be depreciated by the asset type (years of expected life).