Calm2mom

I purchase 2 new insulated w/blinds sliding doors for my home on 1/9/2018. I would like to claim as a deduction. Form 5695 asks for Solar electric or Solar Water Heater

2018 purchases cannot be claimed on a 2017 tax return.

And only Solar is deductible for 2017 anyway.

The tax credit for energy efficient home improvements expired at the end of 2016, except for solar.

It is part of a "tax extender" package that is stuck in Congress.  If it is passed, you would claim the improvements in the year they were installed and placed in service, even if that is not when they were paid for.  And, efficient improvements must meet the strict standards in the regulations, not all "efficient" improvements will qualify.