June 4, 2019 2:59 PM
You may claim the property taxes paid on both properties as an itemized deduction on Schedule A.
To do this, first you will enter your Mortgage Interest Statement 1098:
- In your open Federal return, choose Deductions & Credits
- Scroll down to Your Home and Show more
- If you haven't done it yet, enter your Mortgage Interest Statement(s) Form 1098
- Then, if necessary to enter additional property taxes, Start or Revisit Property (Real Estate) Taxes
- Enter the additional property tax you paid in 2017 on the next page.