c-pray1962

I own two homes. I live in one, the other is vacant. How do I claim the property tax for both?

KittyM

You may claim the property taxes paid on both properties as an itemized deduction on Schedule A.

To do this, first you will enter your Mortgage Interest Statement 1098:

• In your open Federal return, choose Deductions & Credits
  • Scroll down to Your Home and Show more
  • If you haven't done it yet, enter your Mortgage Interest Statement(s) Form 1098 
  • Then, if necessary to enter additional property taxes, Start or Revisit Property (Real Estate) Taxes
  • Enter the additional property tax you paid in 2017 on the next page.
c-pray1962

What if both houses are paid off with no mortgage
KittyM

Follow the instructions above, but leave out the third step.
c-pray1962

What about the state section of the process? It asks for taxes levied, and value
KittyM

The taxes levied and the value of the property should be on your tax statement (bill).
c-pray1962

correct, how do you put multiple properties in on state?