duckieshirt318

I misunderstood the question for hurricane damage and no longer want to claim it but it won't let me back out. How do I do so?

LindaA

You'll need to Edit the My Info section and change your answer to the hurricane question from yes to no.

• Open (continue) your return in TurboTax Online. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in and click Take me to my return.)
  • Click My Info (left of your screen).
  • On the Personal Info screen, click the pencil icon at the far right. (Click the first screenshot below to enlarge it for reference.)
  • Scroll to the bottom of the Your personal info screen and click Continue.
  • Select No when asked Affected by the 2017 Hurricanes? Click Continue.
  • TurboTax will make the change and return you to Your personal info.

Note: If you've already entered a casualty loss for hurricane damage and wish to remove it, follow the steps below.

• Open (continue) your return in TurboTax Online. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in and click Take me to my return.)
  • Click the drop-down arrow next to Tax Tools (lower left of your screen).
  • Select Tools.
  • In the pop-up window, select Topic Search.
  • In the I'm looking for: box, type casualty.
  • In the results box, highlight casualty loss, then click GO.
  • You'll land on the Casualty and Theft Summary. Click Delete to the right of the entry you wish to remove. (Click the second screenshot below to enlarge it for reference.)
  • TurboTax displays the Delete Confirmation. Click Yes.
  • You'll return to the Casualty and Theft Summary with the entry removed.

LindaA

• Click My Info (left of your screen).

• Select Tools.