Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I made less than 30,000 in 2017 with one qualifying independent. I don't understand why I do not qualify for the earned income credit?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I made less than 30,000 in 2017 with one qualifying independent. I don't understand why I do not qualify for the earned income credit?

Do you have a profit from self-employment (not just income)?

No Sweetie Jean, I am a travel nurse and actually have W2s but for some reason Turbotax has me listed as self employed.  I contract through agencies so am not self employed and I should not show a profit from that.  I just may have to use another tax application.
ErinH
Intuit Alumni

We can't review your tax return information in this public forum for security reasons, but please see the FAQ below that contains the qualification requirements for EIC. It contains a link to what earned income is as well as the additional qualification requirements outside of income amount and children: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3299933

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies